Who are these scholarships for?
RURAL CHANCES scholarships are for young rural Victorians who are facing significant financial or social challenges, who have career aspirations and want to/or are studying at TAFE or undertaking an apprenticeship.
To meet the eligibility criteria applicants will need to:
- Be 16-24 years of age;
- Hold a current Centrelink health care card, or can provide evidence of significant financial hardship;
- Identify a TAFE Certificate III or IV qualification they would like to enrol in or are enrolled in OR be undertaking an apprenticeship;
- Be planning to train in a skill area where there are skills shortages in rural/regional Victoria;
- Be willing to have a mentor supporting their learning;
- Be willing to be accountable for the use of scholarship funds;
- Be willing to participate in publicity/promotional material and research.