Who are these scholarships for?
RURAL CHANCES scholarships are for young rural Victorians who are facing significant financial or social challenges, who have career aspirations and want to/or are studying at TAFE or undertaking an apprenticeship.
To meet the eligibility criteria applicants will need to:
- Be 16-24 years of age
- Live in the western half of rural/regional Victoria – see map for eligible regions
- Hold a Centrelink health care card (personally or family)
- Identify a TAFE Certificate III or IV qualification they would like to enrol or are enrolled in OR be undertaking an apprenticeship
- Be planning to train in a skill area where there are skills shortages in rural/regional Victoria
- Be willing and excited to have a mentor supporting their learning
- Be willing to be accountable for the use of scholarship funds
- Be willing to participate in publicity/promotional material and research.