How do I apply?
The application process is very straightforward! It's all done online and shouldn't take too long - just follow these steps:
- Check to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria, which are listed on the Rural Chances eligibility criteria page.
- Click the 'Apply now!' button to open the application form.
- Enter your details into the required spaces and answer the application questions (you can choose to answer in writing or with a short video - instructions are provided on the form).
- You'll also need to provide one written reference to support your application.
- In addition to this written reference, you should also provide the name of another referee who can confirm there is a need for your trade/ qualification in rural Victoria.
- Once you've entered your details and responses to the application questions, just click 'Submit', and you're all done!
- You should receive a confirmation email to let you know your application has been received.
- Your application will be assessed by our assessment panel in December/ January. You may be called to an interview in late January (week beginning January 22, 2018). All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in early February 2018.
Who should my references be from?
You'll need to provide one written reference to support your application. This reference is a general personal reference from someone who knows you well. This reference should provide details of your personal qualities, your potential and your genuine need. The referee can be a teacher, employer, family friend, family member or someone else who knows you well.
You'll also need to provide the name and contact number of someone who is working in the area you are interested in or who knows there is a need for skilled workers in this trade/vocation in rural Victoria. This person could be an employer, a business person, a community leader or someone else who can explain the need for your future skills in rural areas.
Important note about references
You'll be required to submit your reference and referee details at the time of your application, so it's important to have this information ready to go before you begin your application. You will be asked to copy and paste this reference into the application form, so make sure it's in a format that allows you to do this.