How do I apply?
The application process is very straightforward! It's all done online and shouldn't take too long - just follow these steps:
- Check to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria, which are listed on the Rural Chances eligibility criteria page.
- Click the 'Apply now!' button to open the application form.
- Enter your details into the required spaces and answer the application questions (you can choose to answer in writing or with a short video - instructions are provided on the form).
- You'll also need to provide two references (written or video format) to support your application (see below).
- Once you've entered your details and responses to the application questions, just click 'Submit', and you're all done!
- You should receive a confirmation email to let you know your application has been received.
- Your application will be assessed by our assessment panel in June/ July. You may be called to an interview in the first week of July. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by July 21, 2017.
Who should my references be from?
- You'll need to provide two references (written or video format) to support your application.
- One reference is a general personal reference from someone who knows you well. This reference should provide details of your personal qualities, your potential and your genuine need. The referee can be a teacher, employer, family friend, family member or someone else who knows you well.
- The second should be from someone who is working in the area you are interested in or who knows there is a need for skilled workers in this trade/vocation in rural Victoria. This person could be an employer, a business person, a community leader or someone else who can explain the need for your future skills in rural areas.